Oct 302006
 

After rebooting my machine, I could never get the machines to show up again, always stating that

The configuration file (C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\My
Documents\SQL\Reporting Services.vmc) referenced by the configuration link
“C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Virtual
Server\Virtual Machines\Reporting Services.lnk” could not be found.

 

I would then have to go in and delete the file “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Virtual
Server\Virtual Machines\Reporting Services.lnk” and reassociate the machine.

I resolved this problem by putting the machines in the default folder (defined in the Default Paths in the Virtual Server configuration page) instead of my personal folder in ‘My Documents’

Oct 302006
 

I came across this error while testing an orchestration. To explain the situation, physician we were pulling data from various tables via some stored procedures. We finally sent out a file, order and then waited until an acknowedgment message was recieved. Once that message was recieved, order we then called a seperate orchestration that would return a control number. Afterwards we would determine what kind of message to create based on the acknowedgment. It would then take the various messages from the stored procedure, and we would then have a map transform the messages into one single message.
This all seemed to work fine, until we would recieve the acknowledment, then it would label the call to the external orchestration as ‘Delivered, Not Consumed.’

After banging my head against the wall for a while – a day of fiddling, etc – I took the call to the external orchestration out completely.
I then re-ran it, and it then labelled the acknowledgement as Delivered, Not Consumed, when I KNEW THAT IT WAS WORKING.
I then continued banging my head against the wall until I finally put a call into MS Support. I was quickly promoted to the 3rd level support, where I talked with an individual from England until he asked me to debug the orchestration. I then stepped through the orchestration, and I got past the consuming of the acknowledgment message, past a test, past a expression shape, and then it died when it invoked a map!
I then looked at the map, again, which took many messages, and created one message. It was not set up correctly, functoids were missing necessary parameters.
I then fixed the map, and the orchestration started working as expected.

So if you are reading this, please walk debug the orchestration if you ever get that message, because it normally means something down the orchestration path is bad, not the last communication outside of BizTalk had invoked.